Phase 1 – Design Consultation
- A meeting and walk through your property starts our design process, giving us time to discuss the scope, complexity and nuance of your project.
- This is a time for you to express your goals and needs, and for me to listen; to draw out the questions that will convey your lifestyle to me.
- Clear expectations are discussed regarding realistic budgets, timeframes for design and installation and the types of services I offer.
- After our meeting, I will send you a Service Agreement, which I will ask you to confirm with signature and deposit before we proceed.
- This Service Agreement encompasses design services only, and not installation costs.
Phase 2 – Concept Drawing & Presentation
- A complete on location Site Analysis details grades, exposure, soil conditions, privacy needs, etc.
- The Concept Drawing conveys the overall layout and tone of the design based on our consultation. Available in black and white or in full colour.
- Theme Boards provide vignettes, suggested planting schemes, and recommended materials.
- 3D image perspectives, or digital sketches are often included to help visualize the space.
- Download this PDF for more details about the design drawings I offer.
Phase 3 – Final Design
- After review and discussion of the Concept & Theme Boards, revisions are finalized and details are added to form the Final Design.
- The Final Design is the summary and master plan of the entire project, bringing together hardscape and softscape details for a cohesive vision.
- 3D Images are available to add to your Final Design to better visualize the space.
Phase 4 – Dimension Plan
- Hardscape construction layout plans are detailed for installation purposes
- Softscape garden bed layout is delineated and soil / mulch requirements are noted
- Lighting recommendations
- Grading notes, drainage recommendations
- Cross sections if required
- Any points noting requirements for structural engineer sign off
Phase 5 – Planting Plan
- The Planting Plan shows the locations of all the proposed plants, from bulbs to trees
- The Master Plant List is attached with botanical name, common name, sizes and quantities required
- A maintenance schedule is available if desired.
Phase 6 – Landscape & Garden Installation
Upon completion of your Final Design I can help you to:
- Find a reputable and reliable landscape contractor to install the design
- Guide you through the installation as a Consultant (inquire about availability and fee)
- Please be aware that quotes take time to get from busy qualified contractors as their services are in great demand.
- Referrals for reputable and reliable landscape contractors are always available.
- Plan early to be ready for your desired installation season.