Design Consultation, Service Agreement & Site Analysis
- A meeting and walk through your property starts our design process, giving us time to discuss the scope, complexity and nuance of your project.
- This is a time for you to express your goals and needs, and for me to listen; to draw out the questions that will convey your lifestyle to me.
- Clear expectations are discussed regarding realistic budgets, timeframes for design and installation and the types of services I offer.
- After our meeting, I will send you a Service Agreement, which I will ask you to confirm with signature and 50% deposit before we proceed.
- This Service Agreement encompasses design services only, and not installation costs.
- A complete on location Site Analysis details grades, exposure, soil conditions, privacy needs, etc.
Concept Drawings & Presentation Meeting
- The Concept Drawing conveys the overall layout and tone of the design based on our consultation. Available in black and white or in full colour.
- Theme Boards provide vignettes, suggested planting schemes, and recommended materials.
- 3D image perspectives, or digital sketches may be useful to help visualize the space.
- Download this PDF for more details about the design drawings I offer.
- After review and discussion of the Concept & Theme Boards, revisions are finalized and details are added to form the Final Design.
- The Final Design is the summary and master plan of the entire project, bringing together hardscape and softscape details for a cohesive vision.
- 3D Images are available to add to your Final Design to better visualize the space.
- Hardscape specifications for patios, decks, pathways, edging and walls with recommended commercial brand / stone type, colourway and patterns
- Softscape garden beds and linear edging measurements are indicated
- Lighting suggestions
- Grading notes, drainage recommendations
- Cross sections and elevations if required
- NOTE: Permits and additional engineered drawings may be required for some landscape features
- The Planting Plan shows the locations of all the proposed plants; trees, shrubs, perennials, annuals, bulbs, potted plants, aquatics and marginals, vegetable garden areas
- It includes notes on planting requirements, soil and mulch depths, drought and deer tolerance and general irrigation recommendations.
- The Master Plant List is an attached spreadsheet with botanical name, common name, recommended sizes, quantities required with notes on habit and special care instructions
- A maintenance schedule is available if desired
Landscape & Garden Installation
Upon completion of your Final Design I can help you to:
- Refer a reputable and reliable landscape contractor to install the design
- Guide you through the installation as a Consultant (inquire about availability and fees)
- Please be aware that quotes take time to source from busy qualified contractors as their services are in great demand
- Plan early to be ready for your desired installation season